Wednesday, March 05, 2008

CHANGES! CHANGES!!

Well, today is the day I make our big announcement! This could be a long post, so bare with me. :) I am excited to say that we have already outgrown our little studio on main street, SO we are going to be moving our office back to my home..right off of main street while we work on plans to build a studio space that meets all of our needs.

There are a few reasons that we are doing this now:

1. We have outgrown the space as I already stated.

2. I want to be with my daughter, Emmagail, as much as possible and it is hard to bring her to our tiny little studio to play while mommy is working, I would much rather her be able to play at home.

There are a few other announcements too:

3.THE MOST EXCITING--We are restructuring how we run our business!From now on after your session your portraits will be posted online1-2 weeks (depending on how busy I am) afterwards. They will be online for 3 days prior to your ordering session. Then you will have the option of whether you'd like an in-home ordering appointment or if you'd like to come to me.If you'd like to meet me here your appointment will have to be before 5pm.This will allow me to cater to your needs, I can find out where you'd like to display your portraits as well as what size is appropriate. This will give you options as well as a plan for what you'll do with your portraits when you get them.We will be doing mostly outdoor work or natural light in your home. While we will still have the option of studio looking portraits, we want to create portraits that are personal and show who you are, and an in home session is the best way to do that..with your own things around you and in a more intimate setting. We will be having an office to work from in my home not a specific shooting area like before, however if you are from out of town or specifically want studio portraits, we will accommodate you and set up our equipment in our office so that you can still have what you need.

4.With the restructuring of our business our "By Appointment Only" policy will need to be followed closely. This is because I spend a lot of time with each and every client and I want to be devoted to that client in particular when I am with them. I am available as long as you call first and make an appointment for whatever you need. Now that I will have an office in my home for a while, it is important that I still keep my family life in tact as well as my relationships with my clients, so please call me and set up a time if you would like to come by. This will keep everyone happy that they get my full attention during their shoot and my family will be happy to see me without interruption. We are also outdoors much of the spring and summer so be sure to call if you'd like to stop by and pick up and order etc. so that you can be sure we are there and not out shooting.

5.With everything being re-done we are working on a whole new look for our websites so make sure to check the BLOG to see when they are ready to check out!

6. We will be booking a limited number of sessions each week to ensure that I don't get overloaded with sessions and not enough time to work on all of them. For example, last fall when I would have 6-7 sessions easily in a weekend I was so busy that you would have to wait longer than normal to view your portraits and receive your orders..so you may have to wait 2-3 weeks for your session, not really a big issue, just call ahead of time and not at the last minute if you can help it. This is so everyone gets to see their portraits and receive their prints in a timely manner.

I hope I have not thrown you all into shock with all of the changes I am making..but they are good changes!!! I am SO EXCITED! Thank you all for helping me grow my business so fast! If you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see in our new studio, please email me or let me know..we might just add it to the design!

No comments:

 
Hit Counter Code